Season 2020 Update
To our AFL Footy Family,
Footy is back!
Things may look and feel slightly different, but the magic of playing our great game will never change.
As we eagerly await the first bounce of the 2020 Community Football Season, it is important to take a moment to remind ourselves of our collective responsibility to comply with the NSW Public Health Order when returning to competition play this weekend. We must all respect and adhere to the venue specific COVID-19 Safety plans, and the required physical distancing and hygiene protocols, that are in place to create and maintain a COVID-safe environment for our participants, officials and spectators.
The responsibility lies with everyone in our football community to do the right thing and remain diligent.
What does this mean for me this weekend?
- – Do not play/attend if you are sick or have flu-like symptoms. If you feel sick or have flu-like symptoms, please get a COVID-19 test
- – Do not play/attend if you have been in Victoria in the past 14 days or if you have attended any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website
- – Proactively stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 information
- – Follow the advice to “Arrive, Play, Leave”
- – Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- – Do not share drink bottles or food
- – Download the COVIDSafe App
- – Ensure your contact details are up to date
- – For the time being, we recommended only one parent/carer per participant to reduce spectators
- – Huddles and team songs should be practiced with social distancing
Following these recommendations, coupled with adherence to the COVID-19 Safety plan at each venue, will ensure our football community complies with the current Public Health Orders and practices good physical distancing when not participating in on-field activities.
I remain buoyed by our ability to constantly respond and adapt to the changing circumstances as a code and wish to acknowledge the great resilience shown by our entire football community to get us to the start of this season like no other.
For further information regarding our “Return to Competition Play Protocols” please visit www.aflnswact.com.au/return-to-play
Let’s enjoy the footy this weekend and make sure we do so in a safe and compliant manner.
A/Chief Executive Officer – AFL NSW/ACT